Firearms laws in Choctaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no, but can't wait to find out why you need the info.

I used to work out there some years ago, and when I got a ticket, I could look up on the mwc website for the ticket costs. Does city of choctaw have anything like that? Did you get a discharging citation or you just curious if you can shoot in town?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wonder that also. More or less were outside city limits was considered and if OKC had any role in it. Was looking at buying 10 to 20 acres and wondering if I could shoot clays.

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently looked at land for sale in Choctaw just for shooting (out on Triple x). Did a little research and made a couple of phone calls. As long as I was in county jurisdiction, outside of Choctaw city limits, I was OK to shoot. You just need to find out, can call the Choctaw PD, which may direct you to county sherrif.

Somebody beat me to the land, so didn't work out.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state has preemption in all things firearms related. The only thing the state allows cites to do is make laws regarding the discharge of firearms. Most cities have an ordinance against discharge of firearms in city limits, so once you are outside city limits you are good.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state has preemption in all things firearms related. The only thing the state allows cites to do is make laws regarding the discharge of firearms. Most cities have an ordinance against discharge of firearms in city limits, so once you are outside city limits you are good.

This might be good news as im off 29th and Anderson, i think that's outside city limits

Latest posts

Top Bottom