window tint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It directly affects public safety. If you can't see in you can't see out. If you don't a ticket follow the law.

That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read on this forum.
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have posted in this thread 2 times before and it keeps disappearing for some reason.

Personally, I think that it is a big PR mistake for the department to go after otherwise law-abiding citizens for a choice they have made regarding their own personal property. It will definitely score the cops some ill will from the general public who gets cited, which is never a good thing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you have a recipt from the tint installer that lists the percentage of tint. What it looks like is irrelevant to the law, only the specs of the tint matter. I got 3M tint on mine specifically because it looks darker than it really is.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 5% all the way around on a sentra I had. Stayed real cool in the summer. That's the only reason I did it. I never been pulled Over for tint.
You cant see in and you can't see out is a very ignorant comment. Only sight problem i had was backing out a dark driveway that I wasn't familiar with. Other than that. I can see fine. Why can the cops have it then? Guess they have special police issue eyes. only dangerous for citizens.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure you have a recipt from the tint installer that lists the percentage of tint. What it looks like is irrelevant to the law, only the specs of the tint matter. I got 3M tint on mine specifically because it looks darker than it really is.

Doesn't matter what the receipt says if they are going to enforce it properly.
http://promotorcarproducts.com/tint-meter/

Missouri uses tint meters at least the state trooper that pulled me over did. My bosses son got stopped up by KCMO they checked his tint during a speeding stop. The officer offered him a razor blade to scrape it on the spot or he could take a second ticket for the tint even though he was from out of state. She was pissed since she had just paid for the tint on his car 2 weeks earlier.

I have also heard Florida uses tint meters and is hard on tint levels.

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a bunch of whiners. This law has been on the books for as long as I can remember. Any reputable tint shop will tell you this. It directly affects public safety. If you can't see in you can't see out. If you don't a ticket follow the law.

I have 5% on my truck and I can see out just fine, even at night.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another law thats existance is to generate revenue.

I have my front windows tinted to match the factory rear windows, 15%.

Last edited by a moderator:

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The specs don't matter, the meter matters. What it looks like does matter as it's based on visible light transmission aka how dark it is. I own a tint shop and look forward to the increase in business from pulling off and replacing tint. Laws been on the books forever but its been well known that Oklahoma doesn't enforce it. It's not about safety but revenue and pretty genius. Don't enforce a law for 20 years, let the public willfully violate that law and then slam the door, making criminals of the masses. 99% of what we've done has been 20%, darker than the legal limit but what the customer requested. Also, mark my words, if BA sees a big increase in revenue then Tulsa will follow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom