Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the wife and I planned on going to new orleans this week for one week but the plans got canceled as you can see. We plan to drive where we go since I am a (fill in the blank) and scared to fly. I just wanted everyones input on where to go. We were thinking memphis,colorado,corpus christi,or galveston. What was your favorite place to go to have fun with the wife we like to drink and eat. Im more into history,museums hole in the wall bars and food while she likes the usual shop for way overpriced items. So lets hear your great vacations

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not much shopping on Galveston...so that's kinda out. I'd go there for a quick weekend trip or something but not for a whole week.

If you were willing to drive to New Orleans...Destin Florida isn't much farther. It's one of my favorite beach areas. Lots of bars, restaurants, shopping, the beach is incredible white sand and most of the time the water is stunning blue (sometimes there are a lot of jellyfish and seaweed)....but you'd have to drive through the remnants of Isaac to get there.

I'd go hit the Rockies...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I meant that they'll have to drive through the path of Isaac as it comes inland...depending on when they leave.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colorado FTW!
Drive the Million Dollar Highway, cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde, take the cable car up to the observation tower on Monarch Pass
but hang on to your hat and sunglasses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom