92-Year-Old World War II Vet Shoots and Kills Home Intruder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/0...ld-war-ii-vet-shoots-and-kills-home-intruder/

Earl Jones, a 92-year-old World War II vet, claims he was in his room and ready for bed when he heard someone breaking into his Kentucky home. Since this was the third time he was robbed, he grabbed his gun and waited at the top of the stairs. When he spotted the man, he shot him in the chest and by the time the cops got there the intruder was gone.

Jones said, “I aimed for the center of the heart in the chest … He’s a big guy, he had a big chest.”

I bet that man is as sharp as a tack!

okav8tor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Combination of not enough gun and good luck. The BG might have been able to return fire even though fatally wounded.

At that distance, a shotgun would have been a better idea.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you put the bullet in the right place and hit something vital a .22 can be lethal ... just may take a bit longer than a larger round as in this case since the robber made it back out and to the getaway car before dying.

Not according to the article..........

Two men with Maxwell, Ryan Dalton, 22, and Donnie Inabnit, 20, both of Dry Ridge, were charged with second degree burglary and tampering with evidence. Police say they removed Maxwell’s body from Jones’ Violet Road home.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every thread (including two on OSA) has caliber envy - for some reason it makes me smile every time someone says "he should've used (insert bigger caliber)".

Latest posts

Top Bottom