Aimpoint or Eotech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you can see from all the responses, it'd be a good idea for you to try out both designs and decide for yourself which you like better :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you can see from all the responses, it'd be a good idea for you to try out both designs and decide for yourself which you like better :)

I agree with this. I've tried both and I own both. I think they are both great. A lot of it is personal preference and a lot of it is your intended use. You really should try both with your specific purpose in mind.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my eotech but it seemed that everytime I pulled it out I was having to feed it new batteries. I got really quick at the also, but finally swapped it out for an Aimpoint M4. I love it also, but more simply because it just works. I perfer the eotech sight picture and reticle to the aimpoint and honetly if they ever make one that has the bettery life of the Aimpoint I'll go back in a heartbeat!!
I'd suggest you decide what features are worth your money? Do you really need 100k hour battery life or can you get by with normal battery life and a better reticle? Heck go to the range and play with one of each and then decide. Your welcome to shoot mine one of these days if your interested----

Fog

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll offer a different approach. I still think trying both is a good idea but i think spending the kind of money that an eotech and an aimpoint both cost is ludicrous. if you can, shoot someone else's on the range. If not, buy the knockoffs and try them out just for proof of concept to see what you prefer. Some like the tube and others like the open "lens" of the eotechs. Once you figure out what you prefer either sell the cheaper knockoffs or just put them on .22's.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eotech! Aimpoint is lame and sub-optimal for the same price. It's outdated versus state-of-the-art, model rockets to Saturn missiles. Holographic sights use a laser, and hence consumes much more battery power, versus an LED. Holographic is superior to red dot. Check out this decent article: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...h-vs-aimpoint-vs-primary-arms-red-dot-scopes/

Shooting involves putting bullets on target, preferably in the smallest group possible.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Eotech but would use either one no problem. I'm a little faster on target with the Eotech so that's what I use. Just get what you want either is a great choice.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpoint!

Have an Eotech 512 - died after two years of use. Had a Bushnell equivalent of the Eotech 510 (Bushnell and Eotech made in same factory - Bushnell model doens't have armor shield). Died in less than a year - took 6 months to get warranty repair.

Both of those holosights were dark when looking thru them compared to the Aimpoint Comp-C I've got. The Aimpoint dot is sharp, bright and clear and I have yet to have to change the batteries. The holosight reticles (they are both the circle kind) seem to me to float around and are not nearly as sharp as the Aimpoint Dot.

I paid $412 for the Aimpoint and $390 or so for each of the holosights.

I ought to trash the holosights - they don't even make good paper weights. I keep 'em around as a reminder to never go down that optical path again.

The aimpoint sits atop my M-Forgery as sharp and bright and stable as the day I bought it.

Go for the Aimpoint.

The

Latest posts

Top Bottom