Aimpoint or Eotech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm flopping back and forth between the eotech 512 or Aimpoint pro

378 of the Eotech or 380 for the aimpoint pro

I'm an Aimpoint fan myself and would suggest the pro. I like the compm4 because it takes a readily available battery. I like the eotech reticle, and that's about where the "likes" stop.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really regret selling my Aimpoint Comp M2 and have replaced it with an Aimpoint PRO.

It all depends on what you want it for. If it's a SD rifle then Aimpoint all the way. I don't even bother to turn them off or even down for that matter. If I need the rifle, it's on and ready to go and that even includes forgetting to open the lense covers. Now just try that with your scopecoat on your turned off Eotech and see how far you get. The Eotech does have reticle options and is a fine sight. But I don't want to have to turn it on to use it if I'm needing it in a hurry.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a perfect world, it would be whichever you prefer.

We don't live in a perfect world.

Aimpoint is superior in durability, quality control and battery life. The Larry A. Vickers is on record questioning why anyone would choose an EoTech over an Aimpoint, and I'm inclined to agree with him. If EoTech ever managed to match Aimpoint in these areas (and got rid of that stupid auto shutoff feature), I might be inclined to switch. Till then, no way.

I prefer the H1 or T1 to the M3 series or M4.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I'm getting tired of all these threads with people arguing over the same things over and over again.
This is the same question as the AK vs AR.
It's all preference.
Try out both and find which one serves your needs best.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get used to it. People never seem to use the search feature, especially for common topics, and if they did they'd probably get poor/no results since people can't spellz korektlee. At least this is a thread from 8 months ago. My vote is for Aimpoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom