What with all the cops on I-35/235???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been stopped twice for going the speed limit during rush hour. Both time the officers were kind and suggested I go with the flow because I was a hazard for going the limit. But I'm old and I'm not in a hurry any more. So, I just quit driving during rush hour.

Were you in the slow lane?

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally commend all three of those officers for their self-control, and that kid should have been slammed into a wall locker multiple times in Junior High School. Maybe he would have learned the cost of provocation.

Ummmmmm, what? Advocating criminal behavior? I guess that's the First Amendment within reason....

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree with those that don't believe staying with the flow in traffic. I ride a bike to work almost everyday. My commute is over an hour one way. It saves me mucho denaro (sp?) due to fuel savings. I see the absolute worst in drivers. Stop the stacking! The guy causing that stack because he can't be bothered to move over or stay with traffic contributes to the incidence of accidents. On more than one occasion I have witnessed this first hand. The event is usually precipitated by one lone DBag jumping lanes like a jackrabbit in heat but is sometimes caused by a single inattentive driver caught in a stack. Stacking is very dangerous. One simple rule ... stay with the flow and pay attention. Damn the speed limit - again stay with traffic. Can't begin to describe how many different ways I have been pushed onto the shoulder by jerks and cell gabbers while trying to get free of a stack. If there is a stack I will either back way off or put it behind me. Prefer them behind me...don't like witnessing accidents.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT - No I will not move closer...my house payment is very small where I live and the difference more than makes up for the higher cost of living in OKC and closer parts - if I loose my job I am more likely to be able to afford to continue to house my family. That would not be possible if I were to live in closer...yes I have tried it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally commend all three of those officers for their self-control, and that kid should have been slammed into a wall locker multiple times in Junior High School. Maybe he would have learned the cost of provocation.

I was really kinda disappointed. They should have stomped his scrawny little ass to a bloody pulp and I would have told you that even before I became a JBT's wife. I can't stand people like that kid ... Of course, I realize that "some" folks will say I'm harsh ... oh, well ...

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really kinda disappointed. They should have stomped his scrawny little ass to a bloody pulp and I would have told you that even before I became a JBT's wife. I can't stand people like that kid ... Of course, I realize that "some" folks will say I'm harsh ... oh, well ...

And BB that is why in retirement I don't have one of those jobs. Old guys don't mess with you or the perps. Just sayin, lost all my patience years ago. Holler at me, dear.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummmmmm, what? Advocating criminal behavior? I guess that's the First Amendment within reason....

I am unsure as to your meaning. Who is advocating criminal behavior? Had the antagonist not thrust the object within arm's reach of the person being antagonized, there would have been nothing to strike. The First Amendment does not extend permission to be an *******. One should not antagonize others without expecting, eventually, a negative response. That punk THOUGHT his "right" to be an ******* was protected by his camera. That statement alone should give you a clue to his intelligence.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just seems like more officers around. OKC hasnt had an increase in staffing for around 20 years even though the city has grown a great deal.
I dont even look at someone for speeding until they are at least 15 over, everyone does 5-10 over. EVERYONE. Most folks that have a clean driving record leave my stops with the same. Its not a "revenue stream", its a cold, harsh reminder to do the speed limit like you should.
And most of those officers that you see speeding...they are trying to keep up with the call volume of the 4th or 5th largest city in the nation speaking in square miles. (640ish)
Not making excuses here, just another perspective.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just seems like more officers around. OKC hasnt had an increase in staffing for around 20 years even though the city has grown a great deal.
I dont even look at someone for speeding until they are at least 15 over, everyone does 5-10 over. EVERYONE. Most folks that have a clean driving record leave my stops with the same. Its not a "revenue stream", its a cold, harsh reminder to do the speed limit like you should.
And most of those officers that you see speeding...they are trying to keep up with the call volume of the 4th or 5th largest city in the nation speaking in square miles. (640ish)
Not making excuses here, just another perspective.[/QUOTE

Thank you, very good points.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not making excuses here, just another perspective.

Thank you.

ETA: Well, I see Grumpy beat me to it, but thank you just the same. :grumble:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom