What with all the cops on I-35/235???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About illegal immigrtants--they don't have to obey the speed laws either, haven't you heard? And, of course they take all the good jobs and have first choice of all the cheerleaders.

Try writing 100 tickets a day. I'm not an LEO, but like you, some of my best friends are. Unlike you, I don't think they are out to hurt the little guy who needs to speed so as not to annoy others. Sure, everybody wants to go at what they consider their own safe speed, but I have scraped up several who thought they were being entirely safe. Unfortunately, they sometimes took someone with them.

It's like you held your arms out to the side and said "hit me if you see an opening."

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hardly see any police during rush hour on 35/235, unless they're working a wreck on 35/235.

I'd think they're not writing "revenue" tickets during rush hour. Every time there's a cruiser with lights on near the side of the road in rush hour, everyone loses their mind and traffic comes to a stop upstream of the cruiser's location. The negative economic impact of the resulting traffic jam would rapidly outstrip any revenue gain from pretty much any ticket.

Pick a lane and go as fast as the guy in front of you. As long as you don't drive like an utter jackass during rush hour, you're pretty safe from tickets.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there isn't any officer writing 100 tickets a day

Let's see now ...

In the typical 8-hour day we have to stop to get a cup of joe on the way in ... 45 minutes flirting with the gals at OnCue ...

OH WAIT ... It's time for breakfast ... That'll take care of 1 1/2 hour or so ...

OH WAIT ... Run by the garage to get "that noise" checked out ... 1 hour minimum as the guys at the garage have ALL the gossip on the latest choke hold ...

OK ... stop by OnCue (gotta fill up for the shift and get a nice, cool refreshing soft drink before you start work, so another 45 minutes down ...) ... OKAY ... Time to get down to bizniz ...

OH WAIT ... gotta run by HQ to check on that memo that tells me I'm gonna get handed my ass in a handbasket if I piss off another fine taxpayer ... The one they paged me about on my day off that should have been signed last week but the brass forgot to tell me I had THAT hoop to jump through ... That's 1 hour if no SO is there -- 2 hours if I get "caught" by an SO ... Doesn't even have to be my SO, just any SO ...

OK ... NOW I can get to work generating revenue ... OH, WAIT ... My drink is empty ... Besides shift has changed at OnCue and there is an entirely new shift of hotties to flirt with now ... That's another 45 minutes ...

OH WAIT ... I almost missed lunch ... There goes another 1 1/2 hours ...

OH MY ... Look at that ... the state is now into me for .25 hours of comp time ... Man, it's been a rough day ... Gotta go home ...

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The undercover and OK County guys working I-35 and the SB ramp from Turner are looking for probable cause to stop and pressure out of state motorists for consent to search. I'm fairly certain they are looking for cash. They aren't all that interested in speeders, but have an out of state plate and forget to signal for the Turner WB to I-35 SB ramp.... and you will end up with all your luggage unloaded from your trunk.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't speed, don't get a ticket. It's a simple concept that has kept me ticket free for over 33 years.

Yes but as one guy pointed out above, traffic dictates the speed and it is ususally 10 over....so it is either speed or have high blood pressure from being "pushed" by other drivers...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see now ...

In the typical 8-hour day we have to stop to get a cup of joe on the way in ... 45 minutes flirting with the gals at OnCue ...

OH WAIT ... It's time for breakfast ... That'll take care of 1 1/2 hour or so ...

OH WAIT ... Run by the garage to get "that noise" checked out ... 1 hour minimum as the guys at the garage have ALL the gossip on the latest choke hold ...

OK ... stop by OnCue (gotta fill up for the shift and get a nice, cool refreshing soft drink before you start work, so another 45 minutes down ...) ... OKAY ... Time to get down to bizniz ...

OH WAIT ... gotta run by HQ to check on that memo that tells me I'm gonna get handed my ass in a handbasket if I piss off another fine taxpayer ... The one they paged me about on my day off that should have been signed last week but the brass forgot to tell me I had THAT hoop to jump through ... That's 1 hour if no SO is there -- 2 hours if I get "caught" by an SO ... Doesn't even have to be my SO, just any SO ...

OK ... NOW I can get to work generating revenue ... OH, WAIT ... My drink is empty ... Besides shift has changed at OnCue and there is an entirely new shift of hotties to flirt with now ... That's another 45 minutes ...

OH WAIT ... I almost missed lunch ... There goes another 1 1/2 hours ...

OH MY ... Look at that ... the state is now into me for .25 hours of comp time ... Man, it's been rough day ... Gotta go home ...
i was talkin about the hard working LEO's not those OHP thugs:selfangel

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About illegal immigrtants--they don't have to obey the speed laws either, haven't you heard? And, of course they take all the good jobs and have first choice of all the cheerleaders.

Try writing 100 tickets a day. I'm not an LEO, but like you, some of my best friends are. Unlike you, I don't think they are out to hurt the little guy who needs to speed so as not to annoy others. Sure, everybody wants to go at what they consider their own safe speed, but I have scraped up several who thought they were being entirely safe. Unfortunately, they sometimes took someone with them.

It's like you held your arms out to the side and said "hit me if you see an opening."

Well my main complaint is now with the law makers as pointed out. But those you scraped up are a victim of vehicular Darwinism...I am FOR the gov't "protecting us from ourselves" to SOME extent...but it gets too strict sometimes. Just ask any Ron Paul supporter and they can fill you in. I recall my late father saying about the seat belt law..."Son, anyone with any sense would wear it, but i don't like the gov't coming into my car and MAKING me wear it...because what's next, MAKING me listen to a certain radio station?" I see both sides of the argument and am not for "anything goes".

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the OHP does seem very professional most of the time. I remember there was one Oklahoma trooper that was always on "Real stories of the HWY Patrol" that was exemplary. I laughed when I saw him in person at Graham's one time with a few others in uniform talking to hot chicks LOL. At the time, I did not blame him, I was young and jealous. I am on the fence I guess...I like law and order but not abuse of power. I am against the OWS movement, but barring my politcal beliefs, stuff like this in the vid below sorta of hurts the cause of law and order. This Trooper clearly lost his cool and although I still side with him because those people LIKE to provoke the cops, I think training dictates more cool than this guy showed. It was not necessary to destroy that guy's phone, period. It was not RIGHT in his face. But this is sorta like the Jerome Earsland case, if the punk had not been there doing that, he'd still have a phone. I am able to see both sides :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYb-on9LG0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom