Belle Isle Walmart Ammo (Federal xm855)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Belle Isle Walmart in OKC (next to Penn Square Mall) has always been a little gem when it comes to ammo. They sell just enough ammo to keep it constantly in stock, but no one seems to ever buy ammo there, so they almost always have lots of good stuff in stock.

Stopped by just now and saw that they have Federal xm855 62gr 5.56x45 ammo in the 420 round cans in stripper clips! It was at the very bottom right corner of the ammo cabinet. It was $165 for the can, which is a really good deal. Most places online that still have these in stock are selling these closer to $180-$200. Occasionally you might find them online for less than $160, but they're gone in an hour. $165 to have it now without the hassles of shipping, ect is pretty nice. I ended up buying one of the cans, but saw another in the very back of the cabinet hidden behind the shotgun ammo.

This one is going into my horde...

i.imgur.com_KkUgp.jpg

Reaction score
I picked up a can yesterday afternoon from that location. They didn't have any in the case, but I asked the counter lady and she found some in the "automotive supply" storage area. They should have two more in the back. That is what she told me yesterday.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one Wal Mart employee tell me before the first ammo shortage (or during) he would stick some under the counter for his own use, he would sell it if he was asked for it, but kept it out of sight unless asked.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Belle Isle Walmart in OKC (next to Penn Square Mall) has always been a little gem when it comes to ammo. They sell just enough ammo to keep it constantly in stock, but no one seems to ever buy ammo there, so they almost always have lots of good stuff in stock.

Stopped by just now and saw that they have Federal xm855 62gr 5.56x45 ammo in the 420 round cans in stripper clips! It was at the very bottom right corner of the ammo cabinet. It was $165 for the can, which is a really good deal. Most places online that still have these in stock are selling these closer to $180-$200. Occasionally you might find them online for less than $160, but they're gone in an hour. $165 to have it now without the hassles of shipping, ect is pretty nice. I ended up buying one of the cans, but saw another in the very back of the cabinet hidden behind the shotgun ammo.

This one is going into my horde...

i.imgur.com_KkUgp.jpg

Be careful , I think 5999 rounds is the breaking point between "enthusiast" and "militia crackpot, psycho killer"

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everytime Ive tried to buy ammo at that location its a major pain trying to track someone down with the keys to the ammo case.

Just go back to the automotive counter in the back. They have the keys and will help you with the ammo. Right now, they actually have a person staffed at the ammo counter during the day. I asked the girl running the counter what the deal was, since I've never seen anyone at the counter and she said that demand for ammo has skyrocketed so much that they're not staffing it on the weekends and on busy hours during the weekdays. She said it was due to the upcoming huntin' season + political climate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom