Steel Ammo- Tula

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enough steel to make really cool sparks!

Seriously, that is one of the reasons they are banned at indoor ranges. There is a lot of unburned gun powder on indoor ranges and fires have been started due to the sparks, it has happened. Just sayin', have no problem with steel casings whatsoever.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pick the cases up with a magnet.

...and reload them!

img.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_4A1283CC_D624_4AD9_849f9c4606d9b42188332de7dc9541518.jpg

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the tula loaded alittle light? Have you ever seen it short stroke an AR?

Tula everything is loaded light.

Enough steel to make really cool sparks!

Seriously, that is one of the reasons they are banned at indoor ranges. There is a lot of unburned gun powder on indoor ranges and fires have been started due to the sparks, it has happened. Just sayin', have no problem with steel casings whatsoever.

I too have seen Tula strike sparks off a backstop. I now totally understand why indoor ranges without 2A's super-scientific backstop would ban it.

This guy should have learned the "don't believe what the guy at the gun store tells you rule." Please do EVERYONE a favor and quit contributing to the rumor mill.

I think that steel cases are slightly harder on extractors than brass cases but by the time it causes a part breakage, you've already saved way more than $extractor.

My AR used to have problems with Tula where it would occasionally jam up really tight after firing and I'd have to mortar the thing to get the empty case out. I bought an AR chamber brush and actually cleaned the bore properly and the problem magically went away.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tula everything is loaded light.

I too have seen Tula strike sparks off a backstop. I now totally understand why indoor ranges without 2A's super-scientific backstop would ban it.

Actually, that is the second concern for indoor ranges, fires can be handled most times. What is of utmost concern is the steel jacketed bullets may hit a support in the back and come back down range, and trust me it has happened at indoor ranges. That is the primary concern, if you will. I have many stories to tell on this subject of the steel bullets, not the casings, but not needed now.

djwilson

Marksman
Reaction score
My ak-74 shoots nothing but steel and will out live me. as to steel rickochet?? sp i got hit in the arm from a 9mm cast lead so i dont think the steel is such a big deal.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The way ammo prices are these days, that's all I shoot is steel. I don't ever have a problem in ak, ar, glock, whatever. The cheaper the better.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canadian Ranges on west I-40 and Banner Rd.

This. Cold but in decent weather it is a lot of fun. Primative as a range should be, but cheap. Bring your own targets. if you are gonna be there a while. There are programs to print 8.5x11 ones all day for the price of ink and paper. Same goes for any range I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom