Where would the cheapest land in Oklahoma be found?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere down stream from a Tyson farm.

Other than there maybe in some of the remaining old tracts in SE Oklahoma would be a good possibility.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd think land out in the Panhandle would be relatively cheap, if you could pry some loose from the big ranchers there?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you could pry some loose from the big ranchers there?

I've looked casually before. Therein lies the problem. If it's being sold at all, the tracts looks fairly sizable and thus outside any price I could consider.

Out east and south central/ east central was the most reasonable when I was looking around. Roughly from Seminole east and Checotah south. You didn't have to necessarily have to go all the way out to Talihina for it to get for (relatively cheap). Stuff around Holdenville, Coalgate, Spiro wasn't much different in price.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Might check up around the Picher area.
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to find land to buy here in SW Oklahoma - most of the rural land is Indian Trust Land or large parcels of land that have been in the same family for generations. I'm from SE Oklahoma - buying land in southern LeFlore County or in McCurtain County is tough because people from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area are buying it up and willing to pay insane prices. Also most of the woodlands are owned by the timber companies or are National Forest land. A possible good spot may be around the Holson Valley/Summerfield/LeFlore/Bengal area. My cousin bought 80 acres a few years back and then got another 43 adjoining acres at pretty reasonable prices.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom