I.O. Inc AK's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
STAY as FAR away from them as you can, I just picked up the Hellhound AK they sent me as a replacement for the AK-74 they condemned, and guess what?! This one broke too, first off when I got it there was a ton of dirt in the rifle, I will put up some pics in a bit. So I cleaned it up and checked over the rifle before taking it to the range today, it looked to be in ok shape after cleaning it up.

I plugged in a mag and began firing, round number 4 or 5 everything freezes up and the handle wont charge. I pull back a little harder and the dust cover pops off!! WTF? So i start looking at it closer and the firing pin had some how come out of the bolt and up through the recoil spring and jammed itself between the receiver and the dust cover, had those not been there I am pretty sure I would have either been stabbed in the face or lost my eye. Oh and there is no way that the firing pin should have come out since the roll pin is still in place and the firing pin will not fit back into it's place.

This is effing ridiculous, so I have emailed them telling them I want my money back and they can keep their damn rifle. We shall see what they say.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pics from when I got it home yesterday

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image3_zps262ea40f.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image4_zps600db607.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image5_zpsa94ae78e.jpg

Pics after the firing pin blew out

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image_zps0e1e365d.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image2_zpsc79d5e83.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_image1_zps6f2f09a8.jpg

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The outside of it looks great and the rivets were great too, it just looks like they had thrown it in dirt and only cleaned the outside before storing it.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks pretty bad. Would you be willing to pony up for an Arsenal AK? I knwo they are expensive but they are well liked and for good reason. I'd consider them the BCM of AK's.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard of issues too but gave them the benefit of the doubt, apparently the complaints are true.

What still baffles me is the fact that the pin for the firing pin is still in place and isn't broken. How the heck did the pin get out?

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here is a good question for you AK guys, if I put another Bolt and Firing Pin into this AK would any of you be weary of firing it?

I am just assuming at this point that they installed the pin wrong at the factory.