I.O. Inc AK's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats your problem there. The retaining pin has a part sheered off. It shouldnt have that notch in it and it snuck buy. Get a new one. That is crazy. Not sure how that happened. I wonder if you had an over powered round? Did you check your cases after you shot to see it it ruptured or blew out the primer? I'd guess not seeing as AKs throw thier rounds kinda far

I dont recomend shooting it like that. Find a new pin first. That should solve your problem. Then it should be good to go.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks dude. The good news is that if you fix it, you will probably be able to make money on that thing if you take it to a gun show, with all the election hysteria. Last month I sold a WASR for $700.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats your problem there. The retaining pin has a part sheered off. It shouldnt have that notch in it and it snuck buy. Get a new one. That is crazy. Not sure how that happened. I wonder if you had an over powered round? Did you check your cases after you shot to see it it ruptured or blew out the primer? I'd guess not seeing as AKs throw thier rounds kinda far

I dont recomend shooting it like that. Find a new pin first. That should solve your problem. Then it should be good to go.

Thanks for that info, I will get another pin and put it into it. Then I will take it back out to the range and make sure it functions.

As far as the rounds I did check the 5 that it actually fired and there were no signs of over pressure or blown primers.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, too late for this advice, but every time you mess with it, you give them more ammo to say it was all your fault.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point with no response to emails and being put on hold when calling I don't see them fixing or repairing this issue anyways. From what I am picking up from other forums the CEO is a real douche who tends to not like holding up his end of the deal when a customer has more than one issue. So as I said before I am just going to fix it and get it running and then dump it off at a gun show, I will probably do a much better repair than the monkeys that are working out there.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up a couple pins locally/OKC area?

Not local but Copes has a rebuilt kit for your bolt. Here is the link. If you scrole through thier pages you might find just the pin. But then there is shipping. Catch 22

Link http://www.copesdistributing.net/bolt-head-repair-saiga-762x39mm-rifles-p-3455.html

I'd guess you shouldnt have much more problems after you fix you bolt. You may end up liking your AK. If that retaining pin was factory and not American that was a fluke 1 in a million. You should be good to go man