I.O. Inc AK's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I've found the pins all over the place for $4 or less, but shipping is $6+ (for a pin they can literally put into an envelope with a stamp). I kinda hope this fixes it and there aren't any more issues, it a pretty well built AK (however not worth what they charge for them in my opinion), I am just a bit pissed with the fact that I still haven't received a response from the company.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know. Shipping sucks. Let us know how it works once you get it put back together.

Just wondering, what do one of those hellhounds run?

Ive done business with I.O. before but it was back in the day when they did surpluss. Alot like how Tapco use to be. Never bought a gun off em. They were the first ones that I remember selling the German style Wieger AKs. I wouldnt mind having one in .223/5.56 but it doesnt seem like they have been for sale for a long time. Just the 7.62 ones.

Best of luck to you, I bet it will work fine now

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And finally after emails #3 I.O. has gotten back to me, and I sent them an email back letting them know I can fix it with a new pin if they would be willing to send another one as long as it wont void the warranty. Which I received a reply that they have shipped out half a dozen to me and the warranty will still be good to go.

Last edited:

I.O.INC

New to the site!
Reaction score
To Whom it may concern. We are sorry that you are experience problems with our firearm. I.O.INC warranties its firearms for life. Please log on to http://www.ioinc.us/dmdocuments/IOINC-Return-Material-Authorization-2.pdf and fill out this form.
Please send the firearm along with the form to us and we will repair or exchange the gun free of charge.
If you have any further questions, please call us at 704-225-8843 and Keith will assist you. You may also contact me over my website uliwiegand.com.
Thanks for purchasing and I.O. products which is made in the US.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To Whom it may concern. We are sorry that you are experience problems with our firearm. I.O.INC warranties its firearms for life. Please log on to http://www.ioinc.us/dmdocuments/IOINC-Return-Material-Authorization-2.pdf and fill out this form.
Please send the firearm along with the form to us and we will repair or exchange the gun free of charge.
If you have any further questions, please call us at 704-225-8843 and Keith will assist you. You may also contact me over my website uliwiegand.com.
Thanks for purchasing and I.O. products which is made in the US.

Keith has already taken care of this. He has been really good about communication with me since I sent a message through the website today. I am looking forward to getting the pins in the mail and fixing the rifle. Once it's fixed I will get a review and video up of it.

Last edited:

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retention pin replaced and took it out to the range today, I had the same results as last time. Within the first 3 rounds fired the firing pin sheared the retention pin and came out of the bolt. I have already been in contact with I.O. and we are trying to figure out what to do.

You guys have any ideas?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have done your part. I am clueless as to why this is happening. Like others have stated send it back and have them pay for the shipping. Let them diagnose this. Never heard of this. What you did should have fixed it. There is something else going on and they need to fix it.

Is this an all matching numbers AK? Is the barrel American or Comblock?