Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock, but i don't have one in the chamber, simply because i'm worried about accidental discharge because of not having a safety. May end up getting a 1911 because of this. I know if i ever need to use my gun, not having one in the chamber could slow me up and it might be a difference maker. I was just wondering how many Glock owners carryed loaded and ready.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just sold my glocks and am picking up an M&P again. I carried with one in the chamber all the time. Anything less would be uncivilized. If you ever needed it you would be glad you had it chambered. especially if you were already fighting and on the ground and only had one hand free. If you can resist the urge to pull it out and spin it around your finger like a cowboy you will be fine. They don't just go off by themselves.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see no reason whatsoever to carry chamber empty with any modern combat sidearm. They all have numerous safety features that make them perfectly safe to carry chamber loaded. I would suggest that it's not the lack of an external manual safety beyond the one on the trigger that concerns you, but lack of confidence in your ability to safely manipulate the gun that's the issue. Take a defensive pistol class from TDSA or USSA and your confidence will soar, as will your skills with the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom