2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImaBBaller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kay county bucks still in groups.
The peak is usually the second week in November, after the rutting moon.

The rutting moon will be on Oct. 29th this year and from what I've read this means an earlier than normal rut is likely. The peak should be around the first week in november instead of the second this year if the predictions are right. Assuming this is correct, the chasing should be starting within a little over a week. I however don't know how much I believe these predictions.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The rutting moon will be on Oct. 29th this year and from what I've read this means an earlier than normal rut is likely. The peak should be around the first week in november instead of the second this year if the predictions are right. Assuming this is correct, the chasing should be starting within a little over a week. I however don't know how much I believe these predictions.

i think its all about the moon phase and it will be a little earlier than past years. Chase should be around 26th ish, i think.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i read a book a few years ago written by a professional hunter (whatever that is) that has hunted in many states. The one factor that he said determined when the bucks were in the rut was the rutting moon. There was something else about states that were far north and far south that I can't remember, but the weather did play a part.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the moon has everything to do with the rut timing,but if it is hot during the day expect most rut activeity to be at night time and more so for older big bucks,so pray for cold weather from oct 28 to nov 4 the days i hope to be in a tree stand

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At my job on 66th st north very close to USSA I heard secondhand from a maintenance man that he hitnessed a buck on the east side of the railroad tracks making a scrape.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught on camera. The rut is on in Osage County.

outdoorphotographermag.com_uploadpics_67712_red_wolves.jpg

Attachments

• 1488948.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 133

Bobber Down

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a managaement buck yesterday morning in Pitt county he chased does all around my stand before I shot him,his tarsels were ripe and he dropped 3 feet from a scrape....

Last edited:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a doe and 2 fawns in the pasture behind the house last night. The doe watched the tree line for a few seconds and then took off running.

Out came a horny 5pt'er. Chased her around the pasture a bit. She didn't want what he was selling and she split with her 2 fawns.

He ended up going the other direction, didn't want to pursue....

Latest posts

Top Bottom