2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImaBBaller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is very early to start a thread like this, but a lot of people are predicting a much earlier rut this year. I have seen new scrapes being made but no other activity here in east central oklahoma. Please post what area of the state you are from and any signs you are seeing including scrapes, chasing does, tarsal gland darkening, neck swelling, etc. when you start seeing it. Thanks!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen a decent amount of scrapes the past weekend. Found one line with about 8 in a row, under every tree branch. Out driving bout sunset and saw a 6 point just birddoggin the hell out of a doe. Had I not known any better, I'd say he was right in the middle of the rut. He didn't even pay attention to my truck 50 yards away, he was focused on her and wouldn't let her take a step hardly. I'd call these isolated incidents, I have not seen any other evidence to say it has kicked off yet. Still seeing bachelor groups on camera, but less and less.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
bachelor groups here in n.w. okla,i often wondered who was the boss over feed bucks or does found out yesterday it is bucks,there was does and bucks eating yesterday and if a doe was feeding where a buck wanted to feed he would run her off,they all put quite a show on yeasterday evening does were fighting. bucks pushing does around,bucks sparring,coons fighting all of them staying clear of th two porcipines.me drinking a coke and eating a payday watching them.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not seen any bachelor groups since the first few days of the season here in eastern Oklahoma. Have seen several scrapes and rubs since opening day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom