2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new guy on our place shot a decent buck yesterday morning - basically a mainframe 9 with some stickers - that came in chasing a doe. I've seen yearlings and stuff jack around this early, but I found it quite odd that an older buck was nose-to-ass with a doe on October 20th.

I usually start getting serious and doing all-day sits around Halloween or the following weekend, but I may start by this coming weekend if the weather looks favorable. The second week of BP running into November will mean some nice bucks hitting the ground. Early rifle opener date will catch rutting activity too. My head's not in the game this year for a few reasons, but I'm gonna force it and hopefully snap back into gear.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted for the last three days hard, with youth and on my own one evening. Still saw bucks together, in some areas and in others the bucks were seperate. I'm sure its time for the bachelor groups to seperate. Saw scrapes, but looking at a dozen bucks at bow range, saw no swollen necks.
The bucks were feeding with the does in the wheat fields, but did see one doe act real skittish when a young 4 point got close to her.

Cannon

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Monday 10/15 I decided to head down to texoma to striper fish. Had a decent buck run a doe out on the shoreline. Chased her for about 50 yards on ghe shoreline then chased her back into the woods.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the bucks are starting to split up in Central Oklahoma, most of the buck pics I am getting now are solo bucks ....starting to find quite a few scrapes...I am pretty fired up for the powder opener this weekend, weather sounds promising

jhoppis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out yesterday checked out all the scrapes I seen about a week ago and nothing had been back to them. I just got back in and every scrape had been hit sometime between last night and 4pm today. By the way this is at Texoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom