2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a decent 8-point dogging two does around 9am yesterday. He made a scrape and ignored my bleat/grunts. An hour later, he was following a different doe through, still out of range. Had a 5 point come by around 5pm last night all by himself.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted Major county over the weekend. All does were together and the bucks were too. All camera shots from the last week still had bachelor groups after dark and does during day. VERY LIMITED scrape and rub activity in the areas I hunted (from my viewpoint).

Had one scrape on a food plot and watch multiple does come on the plot and not one checked it out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter and I watched 38 does and fawns pile out into a milo field this evening. Finally spotted a tall eight point all by his lonesome, make his way from a tree row almost a half mile a way across a powdery wheat field to come checkout the does. Had him at just over 100y but never really presented her a good shot.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter and I watched 38 does and fawns pile out into a milo field this evening. Finally spotted a tall eight point all by his lonesome, make his way from a tree row almost a half mile a way across a powdery wheat field to come checkout the does. Had him at just over 100y but never really presented her a good shot.

38? Good lord! I get excited if I see 2 and I still haven't seen any while i'm in the blind......always on the way in or out!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
38? Good lord! I get excited if I see 2 and I still haven't seen any while i'm in the blind......always on the way in or out!

They will be in groups of well over 100 during late December and January. This is open country too, although these tonight were never more than 300y away, except for the buck when he entered the field. Some stands we can see for over a mile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom