How long have you been without power in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aladdin brand oil lamps do not emit any smoke. They are also a good heat source. My Aladdin lamps put out more heat then my Coleman propane lanterns and aren't noisy. Also cheaper to operate.

I didn't know Aladdin made oil lamps. I've got a couple of the Aladdin Mantle Lamps that use kerosene. They are very bright, are also a good heat source, and have no smoke or odor. I've used them several times indoors. They are expensive but worth it when the lights go out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of the Aladdin mantle lamps as well. The unscented oil works great. You can also use vegetable oil in a pinch, but it won't burn as hot or bright as kerosene.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I wrote Post 71 I went to Aladdin's website. It looks like they use oil lamp and mantle lamp synonymously. I didn't know it would burn lamp oil.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out a couple days here.
Had the bathtub full for toilet water, gas heat from the boat battery and an inverter.
Light from flash lights, and I brought in the solar walkway lights, turned them upside down,
and had great night lights. Take them outside during the day to charge, then inside at night.
Generator backup a couple hours a day to keep up the freezers and charge batteries.
Caught up on all of my magazines, sale flyers, and even talked to the wife.:wink2:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of the Aladdin mantle lamps as well. The unscented oil works great. You can also use vegetable oil in a pinch, but it won't burn as hot or bright as kerosene.

The ultra pure lamp oil burns the best in Aladdin lamps. I met quite a few off grid Alaskans that only use Aladdin lamps for their light source and they all said it's worth the extra cost to go with the ultra pure lamp oil.

Keep the wicks trimmed for the best efficiency.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ultra pure lamp oil burns the best in Aladdin lamps. I met quite a few off grid Alaskans that only use Aladdin lamps for their light source and they all said it's worth the extra cost to go with the ultra pure lamp oil.

Keep the wicks trimmed for the best efficiency.

Thanks for the additional info.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Power back on at sunset yesterday.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20151130_175420_zpshlgx3wmm.jpg

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are 12 hours without right now and it doesn't look like it's going to come back on anytime soon. The one thing I did not plan for was fuel for the generator. I filled up my 5 gal can and the 2 1/2 gal can before it hit and the generator tank was empty so there goes 6 of the 7 1/2 gal I had. Now the gas stations in town are all without power. I am going to have to venture out here in a little bit to try and find some cans and more fuel. Lesson learned and I knew better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom