how long to wait?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
input please ..... if you take a gun to a local gun smith and when i asked how long for the repair - i was told 3 weeks max and i was told that that it is on the long side as most of the time the guns are repaired in 2 weeks.

i selected this route rather than to return the gun to ruger as i thought that this would be faster.

now we are about 5 weeks to 6 weeks and the gun is not ready. i called a week plus ago and i was told that mine was the second to be repaired. 1 plus week later and still ?????????

how long do you give someone before you just give up on the locals??????

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on model and what your having done to it. If parts are needed and current production 6-8 weeks easy.
If obsolete and parts no longer made 6 months to forever. I've got a Ruger 44mag rifle, needs 3 parts. been trying to find them for 2 years. no luck.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to buy more guns. Once you own about 100 or so, you could care less how long the smith has one of them.

Tony

Yeah, when they break just throw'em in the back of the vault and go buy another. fix it later. I usually buy 2 or more of each model so I have a back up in case one breaks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom