Bad Day for the AWACS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was weird? Wind gusts or something?

Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

Most likely an iPhone problem...I'm not 100% certain, but I think embedded YouTube videos are still in Flash format...You may or may not know this...but your iPhone doesn't support flash....You can thank Apple...LoL....You'd need to either Jailbreak it (I think you may be able to get flash support, I left my iphone over a year ago), switch to Android, or wait for things to start being embedded with HTML 5

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turbulence maybe? Looks like since it wasn't lined up right, there was some sort of override from the 135. Can't explain the AWACS maneuvers though. All those involved are very lucky, that looked mere feet from being a bad day for all.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The refueler is from the 507th Reserve Wing at Tinker......That wasn't a Tinker AWACS though......They don't say NATO on the side....I believe they are Canadian. Well that is what it was when I was station there 10 years ago....

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked like a sudden abort. If I read the boom correctly it said 507 ARW and 137 ARW. Could this one belong to both the Air Reserve and the Air Guard?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked like a sudden abort. If I read the boom correctly it said 507 ARW and 137 ARW. Could this one belong to both the Air Reserve and the Air Guard?

The 507th (reserve) "Okies" own the planes but share them with the 137th (guard) "Sooners". After the 137th lost their C-130s, they set up an associate unit with the Okies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom