Bad Day for the AWACS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

Apple devices don't play Adobe Flash files.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was in the 137th out of Will Rogers. He flew all over this side of the globe in those 130s.

I'm not sure exactly how they work these days. Supposedly they're still "based" out of Will Rogers but they have a brand new, huge building right next to my squadron on the south side of Tinker. I don't know if they're working toward moving all their operations to Tinker in the future or what. I'll have to talk to some of those guys when I'm stateside again.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly how they work these days. Supposedly they're still "based" out of Will Rogers but they have a brand new, huge building right next to my squadron on the south side of Tinker. I don't know if they're working toward moving all their operations to Tinker in the future or what. I'll have to talk to some of those guys when I'm stateside again.

I have no clue anymore. I understood that the 137th moved out and another unit moved in? Or maybe just the C130s went away to another state and they brought in a military version of a Gulfstream. Probably different by now anyway that's been a number of years and probably several deployments ago.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no clue anymore. I understood that the 137th moved out and another unit moved in? Or maybe just the C130s went away to another state and they brought in a military version of a Gulfstream. Probably different by now anyway that's been a number of years and probably several deployments ago.

Their 130s were divvied up between several bases. I think the 136th down in Fort Worth got the Lions Share. All of the 137th's flying is done on the Tankers out of Tinker, but they were maintaining an HQ out of Will Rogers for a while. I don't know if they still are.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On one of my AWACS flights years ago, we were getting ready to hook up with the tanker when we got a call. They had some new boom operators onboard and wanted them to get some practice. Air was a little unsteady and we spent two hours going up and down 100-200 feet at a time.

There were some guys on that flight who never got motion sick in their lives puking their guts out after a while.

KYLE_B

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Their 130s were divvied up between several bases. I think the 136th down in Fort Worth got the Lions Share. All of the 137th's flying is done on the Tankers out of Tinker, but they were maintaining an HQ out of Will Rogers for a while. I don't know if they still are.

My father was the wing commander of the 137th when they were at Will Rogers. He had been flying the C130 since the 70's and was sad to see the airlift mission end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom