Why Do Christians Celebrate Halloween?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My reasoning for always coming clean on Santa is about lies. It's never okay to lie. Not just if it's fun. Also, all though kid's lives they are told of these mythical people who help them and are there for them, watching over them with special powers like the tooth fairy, santa, God etc. Then one day they are supposed to come to the conclusion that you lied about all of them... except for God. We just don't lie about any of it to avoid the confusion.

Agree, especially the bold. You'd be surprised (maybe not) how much of a minority there is on that one.

I do celebrate Easter but it's about the rising of Jesus from the grave. I do celebrate Christmas but it's about the birth of Jesus not Santa. We give gifts on Dec 25th but from birth my kids were not lied to about Santa. He's a mythical thing we pretend for fun but the gifts are really not from him. We give gifts to each other as symbols of how God gave us Jesus as a gift.

a good way to do things in my book

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
caving to the 1% is not worth robbing my children of the excitement and imagination-stimulating activities associated with halloween. The dark side of halloween is real, but has nothing to do with what we celebrate in modern halloween. Some people make a stand on the silliest of stances, just to look good in front of other adults. All the while the child just wants to be a child. Manufactured outrage or stances are just that, manufactured. Everyone is free to have their own opinions and stances; mine is that my children will enjoy all there is to with modern day halloween, while we explain to them what a very small portion of the world chooses to use halloween for (aka the "dark side"). Just as i will not steal the joy of my children when it comes to believing in santa claus. Sometimes we just need to let our kids be kids - they have the rest of their lives to deal with the dark side of society

^^^
this

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If y'all want to have some fun with it this year, save up all of your condiment packages from fast food drive-thrus and keep them in a seperate bucket for the teenagers who are too old to be out trick or treating.

"Aww man... I got tartar sauce and honey mustard." :(

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Halloween didn't have evil beginnings, just different, non-Christian, beginnings.

In all due respect to our Charismatic and Fundamentalist membership here....don't you think some things are carried just a little too far? Do you really believe that by letting your kids dress up and Trick or Treat, you are somehow encouraging them to honor Satan? I mean, do you really believe that, or has some huckster who wants to sell you more books and dvds told you that? My sister in law is anti-Halloween, and a couple of years ago I asked one of my nephews what he was going to be, he responded, "We can't dress up for Halloween, Jesus will be mad at us." It was sad and disgusting.

Kids should be allowed to be kids, Halloween, Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, all of it. Why destroy the magic and wonder of childhood? They'll lose that soon enough when they grow up and face all the misery and pain life dishes out.

Do you all really think God is so small minded and petty that He would get pissed off at little kids enjoying themselves? Common sense, folks, it's one of His gifts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom