Multicam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of anywhere in the OKC area that has Multicam items available? Specifically I'm looking for a fleece cap that matches the pattern. The Army didn't issue me one.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have an extra one. Doesn't matter. There was a big stink about it in the stan in 2010-2011 when multicam (OCP) came into theater. Apparently the only authorized headgear during cold weather is the cap, microfiber, FOLIAGE GREEN. Which is the reason why one was not issued. Makes a lot of sense for uniformity doesn't it?

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have an extra one. Doesn't matter. There was a big stink about it in the stan in 2010-2011 when multicam (OCP) came into theater. Apparently the only authorized headgear during cold weather is the cap, microfiber, FOLIAGE GREEN. Which is the reason why one was not issued. Makes a lot of sense for uniformity doesn't it?

This wasn't an issue in 2011-12. I and many, many others wore our coyote brown beenies all over the place including Bagram, Salerno, Ghazni, Sharana and any other place we happened to be. No one said a word.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky you, my guys were getting hemmed up all over including Bagram, Salerno, Gardez. (TF Duke?) Hopefully things have changed. Because honestly it made no sense.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TF Dukes commander was a first grade d-bag. His command severely hampered us in our mission and we still kicked ass.

I had several personal interactions with CSM Viamoto from 1st Cav Div headquarters and he never said a word to me or my guys about the brown beenie. I think that an ALARACT had come out authorizing them for wear.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't stand that guy. Hopefully they have that ALARACT only common sense would have worked much better. Either that or they finally just gave up.

Back on topic, I do have an extra brown beanie.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TF Dukes commander was a first grade d-bag. His command severely hampered us in our mission and we still kicked ass.

I had several personal interactions with CSM Viamoto from 1st Cav Div headquarters and he never said a word to me or my guys about the brown beenie. I think that an ALARACT had come out authorizing them for wear.

I got out of the Duke Brigade (1-26 IN, 3rd BDE, 1st ID, Ft Knox) in Nov of 2010 right before the unit deployed and I can agree that Col Toner and CSM Pumarajo or whatever his name was were both like that. I couldn't stand that two POS and I had to write a Congressional complaint just to get my ETS award after I had submitted it three times. They hated the guys that stood the same unit up at Ft. Hood, TX, in 2007 and were pretty decorated after our deployment to the Kunar Province from 08-09. They did what they could to kick out anybody from the old unit that they could instead of getting them help.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out of the Duke Brigade (1-26 IN, 3rd BDE, 1st ID, Ft Knox) in Nov of 2010 right before the unit deployed and I can agree that Col Toner and CSM Pumarajo or whatever his name was were both like that. I couldn't stand that two POS and I had to write a Congressional complaint just to get my ETS award after I had submitted it three times. They hated the guys that stood the same unit up at Ft. Hood, TX, in 2007 and were pretty decorated after our deployment to the Kunar Province from 08-09. They did what they could to kick out anybody from the old unit that they could instead of getting them help.

Sounds about right. I spent several weeks with a couple TF Duke Soldiers and they had nothing nice to say.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I sat in one of your brigade training briefs for a week about your train up at NTC in April of 2010. You could feel the tension as no one was willing to speak out of what I would assume was fear. It was way awkward. I couldn't leave Knox fast enough. Only good thing about that brigade is their coin was the size of a SAPI plate. I never received one, only saw one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom