James Harden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just signed a 5 year deal for 80 million dollars. Makes the trade look like the ONLY thing to do because OKC would be NUTS to give him that. I actually think Houston has overpaid him too. What say ye OSAers?

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a smart move on Hardens part to turn down OKC. I guess business is business, it's not personal....

Too bad, he was a cool personality to have around...

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of money for a 6th man.

True, but he goes from being a 6th man to a starter. The way I look at it, money had a lot to do with it. Also he is a competitor competing on the highest level and I'm sure wants to be a starter. OKC should have moved him into the starting position last year sometime in my opinion in order to let him know what he will be looking forward to next year. He moved for the money and also to be a starter and have all the light on him.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, there was a reason for him to be a sixth man. Where was he in the playoffs for OKC? I don't remember him being a factor at all. They actually tried him as a starter and every game he started in, he put up terrible numbers. He excelled as a bench player. Some people just get greedy.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way he is worth that $$$ with his below average defense. Poor guy got and is gonna get killed starting against other Western Conference starters like Kobe, Paul, and now Westbrook. Even if they stick Harden on someone else, they will just rotate the ball or catch him in transition.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On one hand, it's easy for us to look at the situation and say "OMG, what's an extra 30million when you already make so much, compared to a ring?" or "That b$#@%^&, doesn't he know we loved him and wanted him here forever." But the fact is, he knew he could make more money and be a frontline guy somewhere else, and this proves it. Even if he doesn't do as well with Houston as he did here, he still has done well for himself. In the end, the money part is business, the rest is just a game. Don't forget to have fun folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom