Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimpprice

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd go ahead and track my SDA Permit turnaround wait as a new forum member. I chose to fill out the PDF version and print & submit at the Sheriff's office as opposed to completing it online. That way others can see the wait times for applying by paper instead of online.

Got my pics at Walgreens ($14) and submitted app & got fingerprints this morning, 4/6/2015. Okmulgee County is interesting. Sat in the booking room with inmates while waiting (The jail is combined with the office). A bit freaky. Have a road trip to AZ coming up end of May and I'm hoping they have my permit ready before I leave. Will post updates as I have them.

jimpprice

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd go ahead and track my SDA Permit turnaround wait as a new forum member. I chose to fill out the PDF version and print & submit at the Sheriff's office as opposed to completing it online. That way others can see the wait times for applying by paper instead of online.

Got my pics at Walgreens ($14) and submitted app & got fingerprints this morning, 4/6/2015. Okmulgee County is interesting. Sat in the booking room with inmates while waiting (The jail is combined with the office). A bit freaky. Have a road trip to AZ coming up end of May and I'm hoping they have my permit ready before I leave. Will post updates as I have them.

UPDATE: OSBI charged my card this morning (4/15/2015). So that's 9 days from fingerprinting at the Sheriff's office. Will update again when OSBI completes processing.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I initiated my renewal online last night. I completed the forms, uploaded my photo and paid online so the next step should be receiving my new permit. My old one expired 2.5 years ago, but I don't know if that will make a difference in the time it takes. I've never carried on my person and only carried in a car a handful of times. I keep the CCW mostly to support gun rights but also for when the day comes that I decide to get further into carrying.

djohnson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far it is very comfortable. There is absolutely no break in period. I actually borrowed a friends crossbreed to try out before I had ordered the onyx to test the feel.
I did not like the stiffness of leather against my body. My holster experience is limited but the onyx is very well made. I didn't want to end up with a bunch of holsters that I don't use. So far so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom