Internet: What ISP should I use in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure this has been asked before but meh. Moving from semi-rural to Tulsa city proper. I'm just on a DSL out here the does what I need to do OK I guess, for where I am.

What ISP should I use in Tulsa, OSA? Better yet, who shouldn't I use? I kinda hate Cox and I'm not sure why. AT&T? Is Cox my best bet?

Be real,
RH

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd stick with AT&T.

I have a hard time suggesting in public that people try cox, and would certainly never admit it if I did like cox. They've always left a nasty taste in my mouth.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the process of switching from Cox to AT&T. Been there 5 years, pricing keeps going up. Currently I have a mailing that I can get High Speed Internet from AT&T for 14.95/month for a year. Cox is around $50 month, or so, never can really tell with them....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time suggesting in public that people try cox, and would certainly never admit it if I did like cox. They've always left a nasty taste in my mouth.

So big cox in your house is bad for ya health?

[Broken External Image]

I don't think I've ever heard anything good about Cox. AT&T leads the poll so far.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So big cox in your house is bad for ya health?

[Broken External Image]

Ice-Cube-Joseph-Decreux.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Cox and mine never gives me a problem. Works flawlessly even though I've had it for quite a while and the equipment is out of warranty. I even let the cute neighbor lady use it once and she said it was much better than her service at home.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waka waka, HMFIC.

Dancing baby Jesus in a dusty manger do I ever hate utility companies. ONG and PSO can nibble my left one. City of Tulsa you can fellate a half-flaccid goat to fruition. Rural water, propane, and electric co-ops rule, and so does their customer service. I swear the 25% of employees at these utilities with IQs above room temperature are sadists. It shouldn't be harder to fawking get fawking water/gas/electric service than it is to buy a house and sell a house, you monopolistic bungholes.

Next up is cancelling my DirectTV because fawk paying for TV anymore. I never watch it. I'm sure they'll be real helpful as well. I hope to god they ask me why I'm leaving. Write this down, Chad...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next up is cancelling my DirectTV because fawk paying for TV anymore. I never watch it. I'm sure they'll be real helpful as well. I hope to god they ask me why I'm leaving. Write this down, Chad...

Welcome to the world of rabbit ear antennae. It's what I use :D

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of rabbit ear antennae. It's what I use :D

I've got both. Dish, and an antenna in the attic for emergencies. The antenna provides a much better picture.

Oh - have AT&T DSL (semi-rural, no true "high speed" available in Hooterville). Not bad, but not lightning fast, either. Still hate Cox from when I lived in Tulsa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom