What handgun do you carry in the field?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What handgun do you carry with you while hunting, scouting, doing work on the lease, ranch, or farm, etc.. and why that gun? I know not everyone carries a handgun, but for those of you that do.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handgun Hunting..........Smith & Wesson Model 29 8 3/8" barrel (plus EDC)
Hunting in general.........Glock 37, Kimber 1911, or Smith & Wesson Model 586 4"
Farm work...................Glock 19C, 34, 37

The Glock 37 is getting the nod for most rambling that I do right now due to size vs power vs capacity.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2nd Generation Colt SAA...my grandad's gun, he carried it working cattle, fence, and ranching. Yep, I know its a 2nd generation and it needs to be reblued/case colored....but not yet.

Why....the gun belt is worn in and fits me, so that's the main and maybe the only reason.....well, I do like a 44-40 Colt!!!

Cohiba

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite a variety, i figured most people would carry a glock exclusivley. I have, and will once i pick up another.

Wow, that's unique. Especially since it's a 2nd generation. Very cool

2nd Generation Colt SAA...my grandad's gun, he carried it working cattle, fence, and ranching. Yep, I know its a 2nd generation and it needs to be reblued/case colored....but not yet.

Why....the gun belt is worn in and fits me, so that's the main and maybe the only reason.....well, I do like a 44-40 Colt!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom