IWB: Loops or Clips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer loops or clips on you IWB holsters?

• Loops

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Clips

Votes: 29 44.6%

• Total voters

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't tried an IWB with loops yet, but I kind of wonder why I would want to.

I had Nate w/ UBG build me a couple of reversible holsters that could be worn IWB or OWB that were sweet. All you have to do is take the clips loose and turn them around and voila, a nice comfortable carry rig that could be worn either way.

On one of the last strictly IWB holsters though, he used this neat little clip that had a hook on the inside that would catch over your belt and keep it from sliding up. I'm assuming that I just answered my own question as to why anyone would want loops, but I've only had a holster's clip(s) come loose a couple of times and start to ride up. The only reason I had trouble those times was due to ALOT of crawling around and getting up and down. 99% of the time it stay put all day with no problems.

Don't snap loops slow you down when holstering up?

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a a a a oh hell I can't think of the word but it all depends on how you use your holster.I've had clip hosters and they are fine.I've just never really had any reson to be holstering and unholstering several times in a day so loops are fine for me.It's more of a personal thing I guess.I do think that loop holsters,by design,are more secure.As in the holster is snapped around the belt and secured to the body.But hey,clips hold pretty good too.
6-1/2dz or the other.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at a holster like Milt Sparks Summer Special. Loops with directional snaps that allow quick on and off, and the extra security of loops. I've had too many problems with clip on holsters.

Beechnut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had an issue with it coming off the belt. Clip slides over the belt and hooks securely underneath. Give it a push down and a small tug away form the belt to unhook it.

Broke mine once by bending the kydex to far, RM sent me a new one for free. Great customer support.

arizona-hermit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will 'never' wear clips again 'ever'.

Had a very bad thing happen once when practicing the "putting distance between bad guy and myself while simultaneously throwing a decoy object into attackers face and drawing weapon" movement.

Blasted clips had come undone and I drew the holster with weapon still inside.

Certainly glad it was just a drill and not a life or death situation.

"Pardon me Mr Bad Guy, hold one just ONE second while I remove my holster"

I will use only snaps from now on thank you very much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom