College Football and Cable TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We dropped cable tv a couple of years ago as we are able to see most shows I wanted online. ESPN was available via xbox (now only with cable username and pw). Most good football games and certainly BCS games were on network TV.

This year though, it seems there was hardly crap on network tv. Saturdays provided sometimes one game from teams nobody in OK cares about unless they are transplants to the area. I've had to stream pixelated links from thefirstrow.eu to watch the bowl games.

The Freaking National Championship isn't even on network TV! What the heck is that?

I once was a huge baseball fan. It stopped being available without cable and I watched less and less until I lost interest. I figured it was due to not many people watching baseball and low ratings to begin with. I can't believe this is the case with college football. I'm sure I'll end up watching less and less college ball until I don't know what's going on and can't get interested in those games either.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too gave up on cable and instead have switched over to digital antenna. I watch NFL using wiziwig.eu (same type of system as you) and I'm currently watching the BCS championship through rebroadcast. Some feeds are better than others, but in all honesty, after football season, I can find other sports (NASCAR, NCAA Wrestling, St.L baseball, college b-ball) on network stations or online.

As long as cable/network TV continues to crap out worthless show after worthless show of scripted reality/celebrity BS...they will get as little of my money as possible. Besides, COX is a ripoff for their TV packages.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as cable/network TV continues to crap out worthless show after worthless show of scripted reality/celebrity BS...they will get as little of my money as possible. Besides, COX is a ripoff for their TV packages.

I agree. I'd pay per station to pick my stations but got tired of paying an insane amount for only 3 decent stations. And, let's face it, ESPN is only worth it when games were on. I got tired of paying $60+ per month for two stations I watched for a ton of worthless other crap. Then to get the one more I wanted I had to bump $20 more for that one plus a ton of others I wouldn't watch. I'd pay $10-$15 per month per station on a you pick 'em type of set up. Then I'd at least get 4-6 stations I'd watch for that $60.

Latest posts

Top Bottom