Katrina gun confiscation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep reading post over and over that our military will refuse to confiscate our guns if ordered and sorry to say I 'm afraid this might not be true. Just go to you tube and type in "Katrina gun confiscation" and watch a few of these videos, some of these National Guard Soldiers were from Oklahoma. In one of these videos a Marine Sargent was asked what he would do if ordered and after a long hesitation admitted he would follow orders. I'm a Vet myself and I hate to think what I might have done when given that order. If there are any National Guard members on this forum that served during Katrina I would like to hear their side of what happened in New Orleans.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be activated to Ft Chaffee for evacuee assistance but from what I saw and experienced there, I don't envy those who were in New Orleans. I'd be interested to hear some first-hand accounts, as well. I guess I didn't realize that there were Federally activated personnel participating in those confiscations. I thought they were all state and local law enforcement.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be activated to Ft Chaffee for evacuee assistance but from what I saw and experienced there, I don't envy those who were in New Orleans. I'd be interested to hear some first-hand accounts, as well. I guess I didn't realize that there were Federally activated personnel participating in those confiscations. I thought they were all state and local law enforcement.

One video I watched was an interview with a SSgt from Utah National Guard and he refused to take part in the confiscation but also said the Regular USArmy was also there to aid NO Police which is totally illegal I thought.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All those cops and military people who say they wouldn't do it are on kidding themselves.

I agree.

Short of an out right civilian insurrection where folks are picking sides for or agin' the goobermint the police and NG will do exactly what they are told. Training and organizational culture will insure that they will obey orders. There may be the odd man out of a 1000 that says NO! But he'll be exception.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am former army and I took an oath to defend the constitution. Taking people's legally owned guns goes against the constitution. I don't care what orders they were given. You cannot be held liable for disobeying an order if it goes against the constitution. I still can't believe those soldiers did that. They knew it was wrong and did it anyway. That still upsets me.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All those cops and military people who say they wouldn't do it are on kidding themselves.
I believe so as well, they will brand the people domestic terrorist and thats all the masses in the armed forces will need. Its unfortunate but it will happen or could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom