Katrina gun confiscation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am former army and I took an oath to defend the constitution. Taking people's legally owned guns goes against the constitution. I don't care what orders they were given. You cannot be held liable for disobeying an order if it goes against the constitution. I still can't believe those soldiers did that. They knew it was wrong and did it anyway. That still upsets me.

BlahBlahBlahBlah.....I'm ex army too and I know all about following orders. They will take our guns all the same.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, I think Dukester is right. Matt Bracken has just published another excellent article which I'd linked in another forum, but because it's salient, I'll include it here, as well. It's entitled "Dear Mr. Security Agent" and is bone-chilling reading:

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/bracken-dear-mr-security-agent/

Any law enforcement or military who haven't fully investigated the Oathkeepers.org organization are hereby strongly urged to do so.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know talking about the Katrina/martial law event triggered a memory from a movie scene. I found it and got goosebumps listening to it. It is amazing how this movie in 1998 was so damned prophetic.

You can easily apply bending or shredding the constitution just a little bit to this debate on restricting our gun rights. Hollywood got this movie right and should be required viewing in civics class. Amazing that we unleashed our military as a police force on our citizens in Louisiana. The founders worried about a standing army for this very reason and we should really take notice of the precipice we are on in regards to the ever expanding power of federal govt. If states and the people continue to have their power usurped by the federal govt., we will very soon have a totalitarian govt. that is beholden to no one but the select few in power.

Our constitution needs to be held in the highest regard. Especially the basic liberties spelled out by the bill of rights. If we pick and choose which ones we like, we will get to enjoy none of them. We need to frame this debate on this standard that there are certain rights, spelled out by the constitution, that cannot be infringed even by a majority of the populace. The 2A is a CIVIL right dammit!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom