price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFTP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading on here last couple days that people are complaining about the price gouging and high price of Guns, I came to realize if people stop paying the higher prices the prices will come down. I mean I know it's scary times in the world but still as buyers need to take the power back. I mean really why would you pay 1800 dollars for a gun that cost 600 dollars just 3 months ago, and paying 800 dollars for lowers we could get for 85 dollars. Remember this is just 1 man's thoughts.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People pay it because they are in a panic. Hard to blame either side in this one. I sure can't fault a man for making a profit on something and I think all of us are guilty of wanting something that we are told we can't have.

There are a lot of things I want, but I'm not willing to pay the price. I have some things I could sell for a nice profit but I want the stuff more than the money right now. Each person has to decide for themself I suppose.

SDS

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's called the free markets at work. Want vs. Need, supply vs. demand. I do not question either buyer or seller for what
they have sold or bought an item for. If both partys agree on the price, then the market will subsequently correct itself eventually and settle in at the new normal.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called the free markets at work. Want vs. Need, supply vs. demand. I do not question either buyer or seller for what
they have sold or bought an item for. If both partys agree on the price, then the market will subsequently correct itself eventually and settle in at the new normal.

Government legislation that directly (and illegally) tampers with a market is absolutely not the free market at work.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is most everybody here is a dyed in the wool republican/conservative and believes in capitalism and free markets. But when it really comes down to it they want price control and big brother to stop the prices going up. It's odd to me how they act, but very telling of how people are.

I got called a gouger and had stars and crap posted on my thread in the classifieds, but sold my item for $100 less than asking price.

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering how long people will still call it gouging. Eventually every store is going to increase there prices, so I guess everyone will be gougers. Why would a store sell Pmags for $13 when someone will turn around and sell it for $30? I wouldn't hold it against a store for increasing there prices. The guys that do this for a living should be making good money during this "sellers" market. Every market has there ups and downs, why should the gun business be any different.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would a store sell Pmags for $13 when someone will turn around and sell it for $30?

Because Magpul still sh!ts 'em out for $1.00, sell for $8.00 and retailer can sell them $13 ... Everybody makes HONEST and decent money: and that's how businesses stay in business - staying HONEST.

Latest posts

Top Bottom