Money Orders to buy from Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How safe is it as a buyer to send someone a money order for a gun on armslist? Thinking about sending a money order to a guy in Edmond for a firearm.(I'm in Tulsa) I offered to drive down there to meet him for an FTF deal but he declined and would prefer to send to my FFL.

I am a little leery because he doesn't want to meet FTF even though I am willing to drive to meet him. In the event I decide to go through with this and send him a Postal Money Order, how safe am I from this scenario:

Seller receives my money order, goes and cashes it, never ships me anything. Lets assume they show a fake ID when showing ID to cash the Money Order. Will I be refunded my money if I never get the item shipped to my FFL?

EDIT to add: I did some research and most stuff I found was the safety of the seller, not much on protection of the buyer.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like a screw job waiting to happen. Like kroberts mentioned, offer to send it to the FFL and maybe even a 2% gratuity for his trouble in brokering the sale, but not directly.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way, no how assuming you don't know him from Adam.

He might be fully legit, but if he's not willing to consider your risk, then it's not a good deal.

Double_tap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct in the thinking of the system protects the seller and not the buyer. It is a federal crime to if you use a postal money order and they burn you, but good luck getting your money back. I would stay clear of this, if he wants to deal through an FFL I would offer to drive down, meet him and you can both go to a local FFL and have the transfer done. I try to stay away from people who don't want to have FTF transactions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom