Ammo prices - going up, going going gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I went to buy .22 lr ammo at one of our most beloved stores Fri evening. found a box of 333 count bullets by winchester. when i picked up the two bricks (what amount of bullets constitutes a brick of .22 anyway) the cost on the sticker on the rack was $22.99, while i was standing there, a clerk came up and covered up the current $22.99 sticker with $29.99. So I joked with the guy and said since I picked them up when they were the lower price is that what i pay and he said - it does not work that way.

So, for two small bricks of .22, i spend an extra $14. AND the $22.99 price i think was already marked up as it should be around $17.

sent my wife back today and for the same box of 333 count - it was $39.99.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I went to buy .22 lr ammo at one of our most beloved stores Fri evening. found a box of 333 count bullets by winchester. when i picked up the two bricks (what amount of bullets constitutes a brick of .22 anyway) the cost on the sticker on the rack was $22.99, while i was standing there, a clerk came up and covered up the current $22.99 sticker with $29.99. So I joked with the guy and said since I picked them up when they were the lower price is that what i pay and he said - it does not work that way.

So, for two small bricks of .22, i spend an extra $14. AND the $22.99 price i think was already marked up as it should be around $17.

sent my wife back today and for the same box of 333 count - it was $39.99.

I woulda raised heyll. The price is what it is marked.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was one guy in another thread that was happy to pay .50 a round for Silver Bear at the gunshow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom