Question on Home Made SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I finish machining a 80% lower and make it into a SBR, do I need to put a stamp on it? How would that work since it would not have a serial number?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would need to fill out a form 1, pay the 200, wait for an approval and put your info and a serial number on it before you could make the lower into a SBR.

ETA: here is a link to the form. I can help you go through it if you want to do it

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf

thanks, that's what I thought. I am thinking I am going to do one of them into a SBR. I will holler at you.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really understand the whole sbr thing? I figure if it ever comes a time that I actually need to have a sbr for self preservation I will get my hack saw out and chop the barrel down to whatever size I need.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really understand the whole sbr thing? I figure if it ever comes a time that I actually need to have a sbr for self preservation I will get my hack saw out and chop the barrel down to whatever size I need.

I get where you are coming from but hacking off the end of a rifle barrel is a sure fire way to make it shoot very poorly

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A couple years back I looked into the option of an SBR AR. The process to legally possess one is (to me) utterly ridiculous so I just live vicariously through the people that already own NFA stuff.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years back I looked into the option of an SBR AR. The process to legally possess one is (to me) utterly ridiculous so I just live vicariously through the people that already own NFA stuff.

I never understood why things like SBR's and suppressors were NFA. Oh no, my rifle is 2 inches shorter, it's now below the magic line and is capable of nothing but evil. Heaven forbid if I want to save some of my hearing by using a suppressor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom