Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. $199 for the stock. I would hate to pre-order without handling one prior. Although I dont see it being a problem getting rid of it if you didnt like it. Man I want one and I dont even have a Mosin.Yet.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my stock yesterday and they forgot to send my 10 round magazine. I called and the nice lady took care of the problem and it will be coming soon.

Just a heads up...the 5 round magazine that came with my stock didn't work. It wouldn't feed the rounds no matter what I did. I called them and Tyler the tech rep said some of the plastic mags were deformed so they are sending out a new one as soon as I send the bad one back (they pay for the return). Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out as this is a really nice stock.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well mixed bag so far.

1. The stock quality, fitment, and feel is above my expectations.

2. The magazines are literally unusable. I have the 5 rounder it ships with, and two additional 10 rounders none of which will cycle ammo.
a. Spring pressure in the mag seems to be way under powered.
b. Binding issues between the mag follower and the mag internal walls.

I haven't heard back from ProMag yet as to what their resolution will be.

I think if they would reduce the outer dimensions of the mag follower coupled with some dry lube, it would go a long way to fixing the problem. I would love to do some modifications to test the theory with, but I guess I'll wait and leave them unmolested in case they want them back.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told the tech at Promag that the springs in the mag were the weakest I had ever seen. He said they were fine as is and not to mess with them.

Here are some tips from a guy on Gunboards on what he did to make the mags work.
So, I have developed a few tips :
1) disassemble the brand new mags and check and grease or oil the followers a little bit to easy friction on the mag walls
2) stretch the mag springs some , making sure the very end of the spring on the follower side follow the curve towards the bullet side of the follower, not the rimmed cartridge side. (Note, Promag said not to stretch the springs.)
3) Always insert the magazine with the bolt closed

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an email back. Two options: one I can send these back for replacement or two I can do an oven bake on them to get the mags formed back in spec. Apparently during manufacturing the sides of the mags bowed inwards during their cool down which is binding the follower. They have a YouTube video on the problem. I'll post it tonight when I'm out of the wheat field.