Sample Bill of Sale for Private Party Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I now plan on asking 3 questions during private firearm transactions.

1) Are you a resident of Oklahoma?

2) Can you legally purchase/sell this firearm?

3) Are you a fed?

Well maybe I'll just ask the first two.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why everybody is different,
If we were all the same there would be no bill of sales and a whole lot of trees would be saved!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day my boss asked me, "How many guns DO you have?".
"Can't rightly say", I replied. "Lost count, over 30 under 40. Gun safe's full anyway".

Point was I don't sell my guns and have never bought a used one either.

But if I ever did do a face to face it would be a cash transaction. If I was selling I might ask for Oklahoma ID if I didn't get a good vibe and maybe a CCW license if I got a bad vibe and would expect no less if I was buying.

But that would be it. I wouldn't sign no stinikin' BOS if I was a buyer and wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem letting someone look at my CCW for a second, but I am not signing a bill of sale. I also would hope anyone wanting a bill of sale would state so before the meet took place.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I use this form. I just thought that if somebody was worried about a sale they could use the form. I found this on the interweb

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you buy a gun, and upon selling/trading it, it turns out to be hot, or you sell a gun, it's found to be a murder weapon, and the law finds that you bought it from some FFL.

I see the bulk of responses saying you would be more comfortable without a bill of sale. Not sure I follow that logic . . .

I would like to see some responses from some of our attorneys on this question. If you are offended by me asking to see an OK ID, then we might not be able to do business.

And as for the "KMA" response above, who was that directed at? If it was directed at SuperDave, I'm a little put off by it. Whether one agrees with him or not, his post was a positive attempt to offer help.

Otherwise, I just don't understand it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom