Alexander Arms 6.5 grendel advice? Not fully chambering rounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ej215584

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice.

I have an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel that will not fully chamber rounds. when i drop the charging handle the carrier stops early leaving almost half an inch of the ejection port visibly open.

I have tried both wolf and hornady ammo and neither will fully chamber.

originally it would actually dent the shoulder of the round i was attempting to chamber and the bullet would actually get stuck where i had to use a paper clip to remove, but after more thorough cleaning it no longer dents the round or gets stuck.

If you have any tips or can refer me to a good gunsmith so i can maybe shoot this gun someday i would greeeatly appreciate it!!! :shocked:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a factory AA upper?

The most likely thing is magazines. Are these proper, dedicated 6.5 Grendel magazines? Mine wouldn't feed with regular PMags.

Have you tried this lower with another upper? I had a friend who had the wrong buffer spring in his lower. It wouldn't chamber rounds fully.

ej215584

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it is an AA upper.

it is a factory grendel magazine and i have ruled the mag out because i have tried it by hand (with both brands of ammo) and carrier still stops short.

I have not tried with a different upper because i do not have one but i will see if i can find someone to let me try that. thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom