Owls. Good omen or bad omen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's right. I forgot about that. JB, what happened to your owl? Did someone pass shortly after, did some good fortune come your way, or did you fill him with enough scotch to shutdown his liver?

Apparently because of the owl, the old JB died and the new more conservative JB was born.

BCWoods

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a boss that told me he was having problems with some customers and that they we mad at him. These people were indians and were not the kind of people to fool with. He put a statue of an owl on his desk. They came in saw the owl and left. He never heard from them again.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned the hard way as a kid not to mess with baby owls that have fallen out of their nest. There is a much bigger one soon to come!! Lesson learned!

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years back, I actually was in an attic of a new house doing some wiring when a baby owl flew towards me and I reached out and caught it in flight. I thought it was cool. After me and my co-worker played with it for a little while we let it go out side. He was wanting to keep it but decided not to because his wife was not going for that. Anyway I am 1/4 Chickasaw and don't mind owls at all. I love it when I hear them hooting at night. I just love nature and animals.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've haven't heard mine in awhile. I figure he's moved on. If I knew how to build an "owl house," I'd have him in staying in style. That way he could eat the cats and little dogs my foo-foo neighbors own. Hell, I'd put him on salary just to do that.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was attacked by a dwarf with wings dressed like an owl one time, true story. I bought my first climbing tree stand and was down in the creek behind my parents house trying it out on a telephone pole. Well I got up there about 20 feet when the bottom platform dropped. I forgot to tie them together. It was dusk when this was happening. My butthole brother was watching me. I asked him to get me a ladder because I didnt want to jump the 20 feet.

Out of nowhere this phantom dwarf with wings swooped by me, flew into a tree about 10 yards to my six, landed on a branch. The weight of this creature was more than the 5" diameter branch would bare and broke. The gargoyle then flew by me again and when right over me let out a chilling sound I will never forget. Imagine Barry White doing owl impressions. Im dead serious.

I begged my A-hole brother to bring me a ladder and rescue me. In a most cowardly fashion, he said "hell no, I aint going near that thing!"

I jumped for it, it was the only thing I could do. Luckily I only sprained one ankle and managed to get out of there.

He then apprently lost interest and flew off. This thing looked to be about 40" tall and no less than 100lbs. The wing span mimicked a small Cessna.

Since then I have developed a weird fascination/obsession with owls and bird like midgets. I will never be the same.

Be careful out there, do not bring upon you mysteries you cannot handle. You have been warned.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Q, great story but I'm with your brother on this one. I'm not getting anywhere close to something like that. Especially up in a tree and getting dark outside. Jumping was a good move. Lol

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stigini: an Indian spirit that takes on the form of an animal(owl) by killing someone, ripping their heart out, and burying it next to a tree.

You said it was in a tree? Did you look at the ground to see if there were any signs of digging? May want to bug out.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in college, my buddy and I were heading back to Stillwater after hurling lead down by the river, and an owl swooped down in front of his camaro at highway speeds. Obviously, the owl was toast. We pulled over to survey the damage, and my buddy was so pissed that this owl put some scuffs on his car that he whipped out his K-Bar and lopped off an owl foot to make a keychain. He made some sort of contraption from it, with colored thread, some feathers, and dipped in whiskey.....looked scary as hell. Another one of our college buddies who was half Cherokee saw it hanging in his room and completely FREEAAKKEEDD THE F*&^% OUT! He refused to come near that residence ever again and swore that buddy #1 would be surrounded by evil as long as he had that owl's foot hanging around.

Long story short, nothing REALLY bad ever happened, except a few crazy girlfriends that wanted to castrate him. Otherwise, he's led a successful career as an Electrical/Computer Engineer in OK, Wash-DC, and now NY. Come to think of it, I guess living in NY is kind of a death sentence. Hmmmmmm.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom