Prep for gun maintenance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a lot of posts about plans made, what guns you would take, food supplies, medication, etc... But I seldom if ever see anyone say anything about their plans for general gun care and/or maintenance.

So in your preparations, what must have items do you have set aside to care for your weapons? Basic armorers kit, lubricants, spare parts? What about something as simple as sharpening stones for your knives?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive got an old schrade steel sharpener that doubles as a chisel/pry bar. Ive got a small needle oiler, no sure of oil but its really thin and ive used it before.

swatie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have little gunsmith tool kits for sale at many gun stores and mail order sports/hunting stores. Probably would be a great thing to invest in some gunsmith tools to do some repair work.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a full set of Magna-tip gunsmithing screwdrivers, and gallons of hoppes. I keep extra springs and major wear parts for just about every thing I have. I also have exploded diagrams of all my firearms for reference.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats why AKM is my choice for shtf. Very low maintainence. Same with the Glock, my sidearm of choice for shtf. Diesel and gasoline everywhere for solvent, motor oil for lube. Thats if I run out of what I have of the proper stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom