this just in from chelinos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the e-mails that were sent to us, we have decided to change our policy on "no weapons". We have changed our signs to now say "No Open Carry". We will receive the new signs sometime next week.

We agree with your reasoning and acknowledge that we rushed into our first decision without considering the facts that have been mentioned by many of you.

Being a family friendly restaurant, we do not believe in allowing guns to be seen by children or their families while they enjoy their meals. That is why we will keep "No Open Carry" as our policy.

We are truly thankful that you took the time to write to us and let us see the issue through your point of view.

We do not want to lose you as customers and are now confident in this new policy.* We hope to see you back in our restaurants soon!*

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Sofia Marquez
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant

ODglock27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ No, no it's not. If you choose to flaunt your weapon, you may not be welcome in some places.

Don't get me wrong I'm for open carry, but I see no reason to openly carry my weapon.

To each is thier own :)

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ No, no it's not. If you choose to flaunt your weapon, you may not be welcome in some places.

Don't get me wrong I'm for open carry, but I see no reason to openly carry my weapon.

We had this exact discussion, at great lengths when Nov 1 came and went... You'd be amazed how many will argue that forbaying open carry is an infringement on their rights.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm for open carry and I'd like to see more of it, but I also have to respect others rights. Concealed carry is better than no carry at all.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's just as bad as "no weapons"... Keep writing

We had this exact discussion, at great lengths when Nov 1 came and went... You'd be amazed how many will argue that forbaying open carry is an infringement on their rights.

For ther government to do it is one thing, and a reasonable agrument could be made that laws forbidding OC are an infringement. But what about the rights of the business? I'd say that a business is well within it's rights to regulate the mode and manner of carry on their premises. Or they can prohibit it completely. This policy would still allow me to protect myself while in their establishment and at the same time not make others, whose view might be differ from ours, uncomfortable.

I'd say it is a damn good compromise. As I just said, we can still protect ourselves, and not make others, who might be frightened at the sight of openly-carried sidearms, uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom