22 lr Ammo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally score a couple 2 or 3 bulk pack each trip to WM.
Like everyone else our local WM has had bare shelfve recently.
I'm reasonably sure it will get back to normal soon enough.
At which time I'll go back to adding stock to plan for the next shortage.
Which will surely come soon emough.

swatie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had some luck with the online ammo places from time to time. It is hit and miss. Just google for ammo online--I hate to mention specific ones as they all seem to be out from time to time. Just have to keep plugging away at searching different sites. Now, in OKC and area, that's another thing. Lots of empty slots on the shelves. I had trouble finding a plastic cammo can at Academy during the Christmas season--which I thought was ridiculous.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I never really counted my .22 bullets. I keep most bullets in a dresser drawer. So i have a drawer full, plus open half full boxes here n there.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about 3500 rounds on hand, almost all high-velocity, so I feel somewhat okay for plinking. Would rather have another 2000 or so as a buffer, and I'd like to be able to find some Remington Target (standard velocity) for bullseye matches.

I did not see the panic coming soon enough to stock up from local retailers, but I managed to score 5 bricks from MidwayUSA before they ran dry.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm taking stock of my stock and consolidating all the little boxes that where in various places around the house. I realized I have less than 3 or 4 weekends worth of 22LR Which Honestly scares the heck out of me more than being below my "threshold" on larger calibers. If some SHTF event occurs and I "need" to go through 2K 7.62x39 or so I doubt I will be alive to need more. But to practice and stay efficient and get food on the table I just do not feel 2-3K 22lr is enough.

BTW: cheaper than dirt has some 22lr in stock today i bought 2k more, but dunno how long their stock will last.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This will sound strange, but a friend of mine has a friend that works for Remington Ammunition. He said, as far as 22LR goes, if it is not on the shelf right now, you probably won't see it until June or July.

Latest posts

Top Bottom