My next AR-15 purchase, what's more likely?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to get a second AR-15, but I'm not sure what the most likely method of getting one is.

I'm not going to pay outrageous prices, or sit outside Academy for 3 hours every morning.

So what's more likely? That the market will free up enough that I can buy a complete gun before any legislation hits, or that I can get the component to build one?

I'm thinking a build is the more likely way to go. So what do you OSA odds makers say?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could go back and stock up on BCGs. I think this is the component that will be the hardest to find for the longest time. Everything else seems to be available in limited quantities for high prices for short times. But BCGs... did a factory burn down or something??? lol

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can build an AR for a decent price still, almost everything can be found for decent prices if you are patient and look. The one thing that is impossible to find seems to be BCGs like tRidiot said. Someone posted that even Colt is having difficulty getting them. I'm just guessing here but not many companies manufacturer them and the ones they are producing are going into new guns. So unless you have a BCG laying around it appears buying a complete AR is the way to go.

FoRce5ReCoN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah but who wants to pay $2200 for a gun that 2-3 months ago was only $700. its freaking crazy how the price has doubled and tripled on everything. i had bought my personal defense weapon aka "assault" rifle on the 2nd of dec so i just squeaked in before all the craziness.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get on every site and click notify me on every gun that interests you. Make sure your phone is set for instant email notification and be ready to order as soon as they email you. I have bought everything I've wanted over these last 2 months this way at regular prices. Lowers , uppers , ammo , pmags , etc... You just have to be patient.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking to Roger at Bullitt Firearms in Broken Arrow this evening. He just got more in today. He was already pretty well stocked. He mentioned that he may drop prices to move them quicker. He's by appointment only M-F but will be open on Saturday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom