Question about Paypal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't really like using it but i had too in this case, got denied said I met some 'limit' axed for info, I'm not gonna give it, they can KMA! yall ever get this crap? sounded creepy to me.

Unfortunately, you've hit your initial PayPal sending limit of $2,000.00 USD. That's why your recent payment was declined.

Your sending limit is the maximum amount of money you can send or use for purchases before you need to become Verified.

Why do I need to verify my account?

We place initial limits on all accounts to increase security and help prevent fraud. Once you link and confirm a bank account or get approved for PayPal credit, your account will be Verified and you'll be able to make as many payments as you like with PayPal.
How do I get Verified and lift my sending limit?

1.Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com and click Get Verified at the top of the page.
2.Follow the instructions to link your bank account to your PayPal account. We'll deposit 2 small amounts in your bank account to confirm that it's yours.
3.Check your bank statement in 2-3 days and note the 2 amounts. Then log back in to your PayPal account and enter these amounts.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's their rules. I got it, too, though I think it was $10,000 for me. I have spent way way way more than that through PayPal over the years. Only had a couple small problems, managed to get everything sorted... I just make sure I follow the rules and jump through the hoops to keep myself protected.

Them's the breaks... you wanna use their service, you gotta play by their rules.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with PP...I think their service is very useful.

Where else can you gift money for free (PP made it possible to easily collect donations for OSA gift card Charity)?

Heck, I have bought cars using PP - when the money needs to go NOW to someone out of State and it means you get the deal, you'll be glad you have PP.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They even have a cool app for smart phone to allow for swiping of credit cards. They will send you a little card reader that plugs into your headset jack for free. Fee for any CC swipe is 2.7% which is competitive.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've paid for stuff using PayPal out of necessity, but I avoid it. I won't receive business transactions due to their terms and practices. If I were selling tangible goods with tracked shipping, then I might accept it. But I sell services, and all it takes is for one complaint and you're screwed because you can't provide proof of delivery through a reputable shipper. Run a conference or something else where you have seasonal sales, and watch your funds get frozen for several months because you took in too much money in too short time.

As for swiping cards through PayPal, for the card reader they're only competitive to ~$5K/mo. For online transactions, they're only competitive to ~$2K/mo when their additional fee schedule is included. After that, they become one of the most expensive processors out there, assuming average transactions in the $20-$50 range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom