Nancy Pelosi: Congressional pay cut would diminish the dignity of lawmakers’ jobs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your political joke of the week!!!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers’ jobs.

“I don’t think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do,” Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. “I think it’s necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded.”

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong here, but I think her comments were related to that bill that would have not allowed Congress-critters from being paid if a budget was not passed as per federal law.

As for dignity, the stupidity of the woman who became the most powerful woman in Congress is a testament that there is little dignity there anyway, especially with regards to her. Comments such as "we have to pass this bill for you to know what is in it" and promising such "transparency" but hiding everything makes her a joker that only the San Francisco bay area folks can tolerate.

I think the Congress would have more dignity if she were gone.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it really a pay cut or they just do not get the increases that are scheduled?? My thought is cut it all until they start doing something right..

DoD is looking at basically a 20% pay cut for civilian employees from around 1 April through 30 September by furloughing employees 22 days. Only fair that those who control the purse strings share the pain.

Dave

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DOT (which is the FAA to folks around here) is looking at doing the same thing with the 20% cut. Looking at furloughs for up to 22 days. They basically said that even if it doesn't happen, the budget they are planning for next year is just as bad, so they where told to consider it the new normal.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's an independently wealthy multi-millionaire government employee in a job that has a 9% approval rating and her standard for excellence is her publicly funded salary. Sounds about right.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this just shows how out of touch she really is. I think we really need some house cleaning, I hope everyone is taking notes and paying attention for the next elections.

Latest posts

Top Bottom