Oklahoma's best fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-Rawk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a couple friends that live down in Mountain View that we try to get together with for dinner in the OKC area about once a month.

Friday night we got hit up to meet them in Okarche at a little place called Eischen's Bar for nachos, chicken, okra, and a few beers.

This place has to serve the best fried chicken I've ever eaten. The okra was so good, my princess of a wife who normally turns her nose up at the thought of eating okra enjoyed about half of a platter of it.

I'm still trying to figure out how last night was the first time I've ever been there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
chicken is good and the way it is served is iconic BUT it was better before it burned down,JMHO. Still a great place to meet and have a good time tho. i think the record is a little over 1000 chickens served in a day.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eischens uses peanut oil and corn meal I believe. Healthier than what my Momma use to use but it doesn't match the taste of Mommas chicken either.

Popeyes chicken is pretty darn good for a Fast Food place though.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eischen's has changed over the years. Back in the day, it was by far the best around. My Grandmother and her siblings grew up there and knew the Eischen family well. In fact during the school months, some of them would stay in a little rent house in town with Mr. Eischen's brother and his wife (don't know all the names).

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously, none of you have braved the other side of the tracks on a Friday or Sat. night. BoBo's is the place for fried chicken. Let me rephrase, BoBo's is the place for fried, THEN SMOKED chicken. Sweet baby Jesus, it is good. Too bad it is Sunday or I would be on my way!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom