Maryland Senate passes gun-control bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A gun-control measure backed by the governor has made it through the state Senate and supporters say it will make Maryland's already strong weapons laws some of the toughest in the nation. Opponents decried the bill as an erosion of Second Amendment rights.
The measure, which passed 28 to 19, has a licensing requirement for handgun buyers to submit fingerprints to state police. The provision is intended to reduce the number of guns purchased by a friend or family member of someone who is not allowed to own a gun. All of the supporters were Democrats. Seven Democrats and all 12 Senate Republicans voted against the measure.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Maryland-Senate-passes-gun-control-bill-4316991.php#ixzz2MEaQjBwh

Maybe we can woo beretta & co, to move here.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think Beretta is going anywhere.

It also bans assault weapons, as a federal law did before expiring in 2004, and would not apply to any guns people have now. The bill also included an amendment to allow Maryland gun manufacturers to continue making guns that would be banned in Maryland, if they are sold out of state. The change was made to accommodate companies like Berretta, which has a service center in Accokeek.

They made a special exemption for them.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were Beretta I would get the heck out of that state as fast as I could. Here is another example of a gun manufacturer being in a liberal anti gun state. Why can't they get smart and move here?? We have a great economy and have great people here. I am sure they would be very happy they made the move if they did. The same goes for all the other companies as well. If they don't move they are showing their true colors. They will prove that they do not care about peoples rights, only about making money. I know that is the main thing for a company but you also have to treat people with respect and also respect the rights that give you that money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom