Cool and unique things to do in Dallas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going down for a weekend with a "special friend." Not looking for anything really over-the-top, but maybe something very unique or eclectic and/or off-the-beaten-path. Memorable for it's being a very different kind of thing, rather than just a candlelight dinner somewhere or whatever. Staying at the Hilton by the Galleria, but open to driving a fair ways. Weather should be fairly nice, just a little chilly, is all.

Problem is, walking is a chore... actually going down to see the Orthopedic Surgeon for the Cowboys, Dan Cooper. She's essentially destroyed her knee, so while she is now walking on it a bit, it's not something she can do a lot of, unless we use the crutches, which she REALLY hates.

I remember a place that was on Triple D... some kinda burger joint down in Deep Ellum. I need to look that up tonight. I actually think going to a play would be cool... I remember going once to a performance of Macbeth 2000 (sorta modernized) in a small theater done up in a storage building I think. Might have been in OKC. It was a small group, but a neat night.

So... any ideas? Whatcha got???

<edit> Oooooh..... just had a thought... maybe a nighttime chopper ride over Dallas. :D She used to be a flight nurse, she would ADORE that. Hmmmm... or a horse-drawn carriage somewhere romantic. God, I wish I knew Dallas better. Honestly have been wanting to take her shooting for a long long time, but the knee won't support proper stance, really, so that's out for a few more months or we'd go do some full-auto somewhere. <sigh> Maybe we could give it a shot... any good ranges down there comparable to 2A?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if i was going to be there i could take you and show you where i hid the bodies,unfortunely i am busy this weekend

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Wildcatter looks like a cool place, but a 2 hour drive each way, and it would only be for dinner, really. We couldn't do any of the other stuff they offer on the ranch. :/

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fogo De Chao. It is a Brazillian steak house. I have been wanting to go there for a long time. All you can eat grilled steak. Kinda high priced and no work clothes,business casual. No tie, button up shirt, polo may do, and slacks, like dockers.

Use google and take a look. The meats are cooked on a sword over an open fire and sliced at your table. I think the cost is about $39.99 per person. You can get the same food for less from 11am until 2pm for lunch prices. $24.99?? They have several locations around the country. A goody I worked with told me it was the best food he had. It looks kinda neat. Try it and give me a field report.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that, but it's kinda touristy and cliche.

Made reservations at Fogo de Chao for Sunday evening. And have a line on a chopper tour for Sat afternoon if we get there in time. But I don't know that we will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom